Borovskaya poultry farm
In 1959, the project of a poultry farm for 40 thousand heads of laying hens was developed by the institute "Tyumengrazhdanproekt". The poultry farm "Borovskaya" began work in 1963. A year after the opening, the factory began to make a profit. Two years later, in 1966, 190 thousand laying hens were already listed here, and comfortable houses for employees began to be built in the village of Borovsky, a permanent school for training workers and specialists appeared.
The company presented its products at the All-Union Exhibition of Achievements of the National Economy and the World Poultry Congress.
At the end of the 1970s, Alexander Andreevich Sozonov was appointed director of the factory, whose initiative advanced technologies were introduced in the production: limited feeding of poultry, the introduction of herbal flour into the diet, the establishment of effective light modes, three full-scale reconstructions of technological equipment. The author's development of low-energy rations was introduced into the work of the poultry farm, which gave multimillion savings on the cost of feed.
In 1999 Borovskaya was in the top five of the "Rating of the 300 largest and most efficient agricultural enterprises in Russia". In 2001, the company underwent reconstruction, which made it possible to raise production to European standards by introducing the most advanced technologies. Automation, mechanization, computerization of all technological processes has become a guarantee of the continuity of the system.
In terms of production volumes, the Borovskaya poultry farm is the largest both in Tyumen and throughout Russia. About 2.5 million eggs are produced here every day and about 12 tons of poultry meat are processed. The poultry farm ranks first in the world in terms of the number of livestock.