The name Igrim comes from the Mansi language. According to one version, it means black grouse current, according to another – lake.
Today Igrim is an urban–type settlement in the Berezovsky district of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Yugra, the administrative center of the Igrim urban settlement is located on the right bank of the Severnaya Sosva River, below the mouth of the Malaya Sosva River.
The founder is the merchant Beshkiltsev, who founded a settlement on the left bank of the Severnaya Sosva River in 1902. Later, in the early 1930s, the exiles built the Igrim Glacier settlement on the right bank of the Severnaya Sosva River, where the fish factory and its glacier were located. In 1950, Igrim-Lugovoy (Zyryansky) ceased to exist. Frequent floods washed away the Igrim Glacier. The modern Igrim was built in the 1950s southeast of the Igrim Glacier on the mountain and was formerly called Igrim-Gorny. Most of the village was built in the 1970s and 1980s on the site of forests and drained swamps.
In 1920-1930-xx Igrim was a member of two village councils: Berezovsky and Aneevsky. In 1959, the Igrimsky Village Council itself was formed.
On December 3, 1964, Igrim received the status of a working settlement, the Igrim settlement Council was established.