In accordance with the decision of the Government and the order of the People's Commissariat of Health of February 22, 1925, the Tyumen District Skin and Venereological dispensary was opened under the leadership of the chief physician Shirmer Vladimir Vasilyevich.
The dispensary was located in a one-story wooden house on Republic Street and had two medical offices and a waiting room for patients. The staff of medical workers consisted of two doctors and three nurses.
In June 1926, the dispensary received a two-story brick building next to a wooden house, a separate reception for men and women was organized and the staff of medical workers was expanded. In 1928, due to the increase in morbidity, 10 beds were allocated for the hospitalization of sexually transmitted patients at the city hospital, and a semi-stationary hospital for 20 beds was opened in the dispensary.
In 1930, Sergei Alexandrovich Getsold organized the first serological laboratory for staging the Wasserman reaction, located in a wooden building of 20 sq.m., with a vivarium for 120 guinea pigs and a room for two sheep, with equipment represented by a wooden thermostat, two small drying cabinets, a centrifuge and homemade wooden tripods for 40 and 80 nests. Since 1934, his wife Evgenia Dmitrievna Getsold continued his work.
In 1937, the City Health Department allocated 60,000 rubles, which made it possible to re-equip and overhaul the dispensary and expand the number of hospital beds to 40.
By 1940, the dispensary hospital had 2 departments with 40 beds (20 beds of the skin department and 20 beds of the venereological department) and 4 rooms for receiving patients. The staff consisted of 17 people, including: 5 doctors, 6 nursing staff, 1 nurse, 1 registrar and 4 junior medical staff.
With the beginning of the Great Patriotic War, the Tyumen dispensary was closed by order of the City Health Department, and its buildings were transferred to the organization of the hospital. Doctors and paramedical personnel were mobilized into the active army. A venereological department was opened at Polyclinic No. 1 to receive skin and venereal patients, and patients were hospitalized in the venereological department of the Yalutorovskaya City Hospital.
In 1944, the Tyumen skin and Venereological dispensary became a regional one. In June 1945, two previously occupied buildings were returned to the dispensary, and after repairs were carried out, patients were admitted to them. Since 1946, the period of restoration of the dermatovenereological network began.
In the dispensary, in addition to the hospital and rooms for receiving patients, there are: a clinical diagnostic laboratory, a serological laboratory, a physiotherapy room, a statistical department, an examination department.
In 1950, all rural areas were staffed with venereologists. In 1952, there was one dispensary in the Tyumen region, six city venereal clinics, in which 33 venereologists worked, of which: 13 - in the regional dispensary, 11 - in the cities of the region, 9 - in rural areas.
Since 1965, the management of the dispensary has taken measures to expand the bed fund through the construction of a new hospital for 120 beds. The opening of the new hospital took place on May 1, 1970. Since 1967, the dispensary has been the clinical base of the course of skin and venereal diseases of the Tyumen State Medical University.
Throughout the years, equipment was purchased for the dispensary, new divisions were opened, new methods of examination and treatment were introduced, and the staff expanded. The specialists of the dispensary developed and sent methodical letters, instructions on diagnostic methods and treatment schemes for skin and venereal diseases to the districts. Seminars, meetings, conferences were systematically held with the involvement of specialists from the general medical network and the sanitary and epidemiological station.
In 2004, as a result of changes in the structure of the healthcare system and optimization of the activities of medical and preventive institutions, the Tobolsk and Ishim skin and venereological dispensaries became part of the regional skin and venereological dispensaries.