Making of a merezh, knitting nets was one of the occupations of the Russian population of Western Siberia. Women were engaged in it, starting from late autumn and until spring. It happened that during the season the family made several hundred fathoms of merezh.
On April 4, 1945, the Tyumen Network Knitting Factory was founded. The reason for the organization of the enterprise was the need to bring the production of network materials closer to the regions of Siberia and the Far East in order to meet the needs for cotton non-water nets and fildecos gill nets.
On March 15, 1946, the first products were released: cotton and fildecos nets.
Since 1953, the production of drift nets and their landing on rope pickups has been mastered. All products were produced from imported cotton thread. In 1955, the factory began to develop the production of nylon nets. After 10 years, the fildecos networks were completely discontinued.
The commissioning of the new network knitting and finishing buildings allowed the factory to expand the production of network materials to 7,900 tons per year. In 1961, a spinning case with a capacity of 1,360 spinning spindles was put into operation to ensure the netting with a thread of its own production. With the commissioning of spinning and twisting technology in 1961, the factory switched to the production of nets from threads of its own manufacture. In this regard, in 1962 the company was renamed the Tyumen Spinning and Netting Factory. From 1961 to 1974, the factory produced a variety of products, both from cotton thread and synthetic threads and ropes.