The Cathedral Square of the Tobolsk Kremlin in the 1920s was given the resounding name of the Red Sports Square. At the place where the parades of the Tobolsk Reserve Infantry battalion took place before the revolution, they played lapta and chased the ball. The place near the Kremlin walls was not ennobled in any way. In 1936, the workers of the Tobolsk trust "Obryba" erected the first wooden stands on the site of the wasteland, a football field, a volleyball court, and a running track appeared. The first stadium in Tobolsk was called "Rybnik Severa".
The stadium has changed its name several times: "Pishchevik", "Trud", "Spartak". In 1983, the stadium was named "Stroitel" ("Builder"). For almost half a century, it has changed its appearance many times, rebuilt. The stadium hosted city holidays, football matches, physical education classes. In winter, a skating rink was poured near the walls of the Kremlin. The stadium is shown very vividly and picturesquely in the feature film "Marble House".
In 1987, the stadium "Stroitel" became the main venue for the celebration of the 400th anniversary of the city of Tobolsk. During these years, it reached its maximum size – its stands could accommodate up to 7 thousand spectators.
In the late 1990s, the stadium fell into disrepair. In addition, he lost the championship to the young stadium "Neftekhimik" (now – "Tobol"). Currently, on the site of the stadium "Stroitel" there is a landscape square of the Tobolsk Kremlin with a fountain.