In the middle of the XIX century, the Kungur merchant Alexey Gubkin organized a company for the trade and packaging of Chinese tea. One of the enterprises was located in Tyumen on Tsarskaya Street (Republic). In 1884, it was transformed by his heir Alexander Kuznetsov into a trading house with an annual turnover of 65 million rubles.
After the revolution, a kultorg store was located in the premises of the tea warehouse. In 1947, the department store opened. The area of the commercial premises of the building was 330 m². Three sections were organized: "Fabrics", "Haberdashery", "Cultural goods", as well as two kiosks - one at the Central Collective Farm Market, the other at the kindergarten "Pioneer".
In 1950, it was decided to proceed with the reconstruction of the 2nd floor. The 2nd floor was opened for buyers in January 1952. Instead of furnace heating, central heating was connected in the department store, the area of trading halls increased to 835 m².
With the growth of the city, the shopping halls of the department store became crowded, so on the eve of 1972, the team moved to a new spacious building. There,in the vacated premises, the store "Detsky Mir" is located.
Shop No. 19 "Detsky Mir" appeared in 1962. Later, a joint directorate "Children's Goods" was created on its basis, which included a whole chain of stores for children, such as "Young Technician" and "Buratino".
At the end of the 90s of the twentieth century, the favorite store of the Tyumen children was demolished. The building of the Moscow shopping center was built in its place.