In 1965, a student computing center was established at the Tyumen Industrial Institute. Its history began when the electronic computer "Nairi" was installed in the TII. Despite the limited possibilities by modern standards, it allowed solving serious problems, especially in the field of geophysics.
In 1968, the Institute received the Minsk-22 computer, a second generation machine. It was on it during the first years that the automated subsystem "Entrant" was operated with automatic issuance of summaries and statements.
In 1969, a computer "Mir 1" with programming in Russian was purchased for the students of the Institute, and in 1974 the M-222 computer was put into operation. Algol-60 was adopted as a unified programming language in 1976.
In 1978, a student computing center was established with three computers of the Nairi-2 type. The Center provided great assistance in the course and diploma design of students. In the same year, the institute received the first computer from the third generation of the EU-1020. The machine was installed and launched in two weeks — such was the enthusiasm of the staff and teachers of the ACS department. The new machine made it possible to widely use the entire arsenal of application programming. Packages of scientific programs have appeared. New automated subsystems were being developed.
During the 1980s, with the advent of more advanced computers, the capabilities of the computing center were constantly growing. He was one of the most sought-after departments of the Student Research Center in Tyumen.