The history of the origin, formation and development of the Palace of Creativity and Sports "Pioneer" is inextricably linked with the history of extracurricular education of children and the pioneer organization. In 1919-1920, more than a thousand extracurricular cultural and educational institutions operated in the Tyumen Province, orphanages and preschool institutions were created. The activities of extracurricular institutions developed in three directions: educational, mass and methodical work.
The birthday of the Tyumen pioneer organization can be considered August 1, 1923. By 1925, the pioneer unit of 16 people had increased to a dozen pioneer detachments. On December 25, 1936, the Bureau of the Tyumen City Committee of the CPSU(b) and the presidium of the City Council and the City Trade Union Council, taking into account the petitions of Komsomol and pioneer organizations, adopted a resolution on the opening of the Palace of Pioneers in the city of Tyumen.
The first Pioneer House has not survived to this day. After the end of the war, only in 1950, on the basis of the order of the city Department of Public Education, the House of Pioneers resumed its work again. Now it was located on the corner of Pervomayskaya and Uritsky Streets in an old two-story building. 475 children were engaged in 24 groups (radio circle, carpentry, photo circle, aircraft modeling, needlework, chess, theater, art, singing, choreography, sports, shooting, string). Since the 1950s, a library with a collection of 1113 books and a local history group began to operate at the House of Pioneers.
In 1955, construction of a new building began on the site of the Lenin Garden and Boulevard Dead End Street (the current Pioneer Center for Arts and Culture), which was completed at the end of December 1958. The new building housed more than 2,000 students who studied in 32 groups.
In 1977, the Tyumen City Palace of Pioneers became an organizational and mass and instructional and methodological center for a variety of extracurricular work with students. In 1990, 2778 students were already engaged in 47 groups in the Palace of Creativity and Youth. On the basis of the order of the city Department of Public Education of the Tyumen City Executive Committee No. 180 dated 09/19/1991, the Tyumen City Palace of Pioneers and Schoolchildren was renamed the Palace of Creativity of Children and Youth.