In 1924 Odessa Komsomol Gubkom on the site of the former estate of Count Luzanov organized one of the first in Odessa and Ukraine pioneer camp "Commune of young pioneers in Luzanovka". In 1928, the pioneer camp became a sanatorium for children with tuberculosis. Instead of tents, cozy wooden houses appeared, in which the children spent the whole summer by the sea. The sun, air and water were their best friends and doctors.
In 1935, on the basis of the sanatorium, the Republican pioneer camp of the sanatorium type "Ukrainian Artek" was organized. During the Great Patriotic War, the children's health resort turned into a frontline hospital.
After the liberation of the territory from the invaders, in the summer of 1944, the summer camp of the Odessa Air Force Special School of the USSR Air Force was temporarily located here. Cadets-pilots rested, studied, trained in the camp, and among them future cosmonaut pilots, Heroes of the Soviet Union G.S. Shonin, G.T. Dobrovolsky.
In the summer of 1946, "Ukrainian Artek" again accepted children. Clubs began to work: dance, choral, "Skillful Hands" and many others. The detachments went hiking, visited theaters and museums in Odessa.
In 1956, the children's sanatorium was reorganized into the republican pioneer camp "Young Guard". The pioneer camp "Young Guard" became a school of the pioneer and Komsomol activists of the republic. It hosted the gatherings of Timurovites and young correspondents, counselors of October and young border guards, DUP, young traffic inspectors and the finals of sports games "Starts of Hope" and "Leather Ball", dance and music competitions.