The history of Tyumen aviation has more than one decade.
1934 was a key year in the history of Tyumen aviation: an airport was built near the village of Plekhanovo and the Glavsevmorputi polar aviation group was created. From here, flights to the cities of Tobolsk, Khanty-Mansiysk, Berezovo and Salekhard began to be carried out. Pilots K. Bykov, T. Eremenko, V. Morgunov and others mastered difficult routes on U-2, MBR-2, H-56, AIR-6 aircraft. They transported up to 4 thousand passengers a year.
Tyumen aviation played a huge role in the development of the country during the development of Western Siberia and the formation of the fuel and energy complex. On February 7, 1967, the Minister of Civil Aviation issued an order on the establishment of the Tyumen Administration, one of the key tasks of which was to ensure the transport needs of Yugra and Yamal.
"Aviation was working hard. We had to solve problems in the most difficult conditions. At that time, there were not enough roads in the region, so airplanes and helicopters became an indispensable mode of transport. There were enough difficulties — we worked in a harsh climate, flew from poorly prepared sites, but we coped. We provided for the needs of all sectors of the national economy," recalls veteran Gennady Laskin, who led the TUGA from 1977 to 1989.