The history of the company has more than 70 years. In October 1941, aviation plant No. 499, evacuated from Voronezh, arrived in the working village of Zavodoukovsky – it formed the basis of the future plant for the production of gliders – "silent aviation". Alexander Sergeyevich Moskalev was appointed director and chief designer of the plant. Even before the war, Moskalev proposed the design of a landing cabin for TB-3 heavy bombers. With the release of these cabins, the plant's activities began, and soon the plant began producing A-7 and AM-14 gliders. During the war, at the aeroplane factory, on the instructions of the Defense Committee, for the first time in Russia, a combined-arms series of jet aircraft was designed: the RM-1 interceptor fighter ("jet Moskalev") and several variants of the BI-1, BI-2, BI-2M fighters. Together with products for the front, the plant has been producing A-2 training gliders for aviation schools since 1942.
At the end of April 1945, the aircraft factory was evacuated to Leningrad. On the basis of the remaining workshops, a new production was organized. On June 3, 1958, in accordance with the Order of the Tyumen SNK, the Novo-Zaimsky Mechanical Plant was renamed the Tyumen Agricultural Machinery Plant (Tyumenselmash). In the period from 1958-1973, the plant was focused on the production of mobile repair shops and spare parts for agricultural machinery, tractor dump trailers, mounted harvesters for separate harvesting, grain cleaning machines, tractors for drilling peat.
Until 1992, for the needs of the Ministry of Defense, the company produced about 15 modifications of various van bodies on the chassis of a car and a trailer chassis in the amount of about 200 units per month. Since December 1, 1989, the plant, on the basis of the order of the Ministry of Chemical Industry No. 320, became known as the Zavodoukovsky Machine-Building Plant. By this time, the range of products had expanded.